2017 was a year full of transitional fulfillment. Fulfillment is something I’m learning more and more about alongside the shattering of a proverbial bubble. You see; I saw fulfillment as something I had to put my finger on. Something I could pinpoint externally and hold onto it with a vice grip so that nothing would happen to it. However, what has struck me is the realization that fulfillment is an internal realization that comes from an understanding and epiphany that it starts with me. It’s determined by how much of myself I’m willing to pour into what’s directly in front of me; to not stand on the sidelines when it comes to how and where I create, to not hesitate when I can speak up, and to make sure that I’m doing everything I can to protect and create an environment for each person and couple that comes through my business. Through those factors, I’ve found an incredible fulfillment that’s been partnered with one of the biggest transitions, period. 2017 was the year I became a fiancé and then a husband. Shooting a majority of my weddings with my forever bride and partner beside me (more on that soon) showed me how to look, and hold dear, the small things. It allowed me to feel less pressure about creating something “cool” and focus on what mattered. It pushed me to get closer, to show off what it means to hold someone tighter than you ever have before, to protect, to love, to believe in, to be proud of, and to let your guard down to truly let someone in. I was let in this year with so many great people, and in so many wonderful and new places.
This past year took me to Georgia, Colorado, New York, Florida, Texas, Washington D.C., Mexico, and all over the Carolinas. Each new place held a couple that trusted me to get on a plane, show up on time, and work just as hard as I would if it were in my back yard. For that, I am extremely grateful.
Among travel, marriage, and fulfillment; here some other notable things happened that made 2017 a year to remember.
- I poured my heart into Teamwork and launched it this past year. Partnering with a handful of photographers to help them build a business they’re proud of has brought me so much joy.
- I separated my social media in order to create boundaries and launched @BrianSchindlerCo on Instagram. I thankfully have seen so much growth and new reach for my business, as well as made new friends through an incredible online community of people.
- I had one of my all time favorite weddings featured in print with my friends at the High Country Wedding Guide.
- I had an image go viral and from features and reposts, it has now been seen by over 6 million people.
- I am privileged and humbled to have had my business grow on all fronts: education, commercial, lifestyle, and weddings.
So as I sit at my computer and look through the images that reminded me of this transition, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I’m so thankful for all that 2017 brought, and I’m already so thankful for 2018. More adventure, more fulfillment, and a lot more love to come. Thank you to each and every one of you who made this year possible, I truly mean it when I say I love you all. Enjoy a recap of some of my favorite times from this past year.
see you all very soon, and I can’t wait.